Reports to the Full Council for ratification of proceedings and is serviced by the Treasurer.
- Preparing estimates and supplementary estimates of income and expenditure in terms of the Rural District Councils’ Act (Chapter 29:13) section 121 (3)
- Ensuring that checks and balances system exist.
- Adhering to financial management guidelines on internal and external audits.
- Producing financial statements.
- Writing off of assets, sale of assets no longer required and pay of new assets
- Collecting revenue.
Five (5) Councillors appointed by Council. The Committee Chairperson is elected by the members and has a casting vote.
Frequency of Meetings
At least once every month or whenever necessary but this should be in accordance to the Rural District Councils’ Act (Chapter 29: 13)