HR & Admin
HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION COMMITTEE
Reports to Full Council for ratification of its proceedings and will be serviced by the Senior Administration Officer.
- Recruitment, selection, placement, hiring and dismissal of staff
- Implementing training programmes for staff and councillors.
- Preparing the training budget in liaison with the Finance Committee.
- Labour relations, implementing the reward system and the promotion and demotion of staff.
- Processing of employee benefits and claims.
- Designing and monitoring of the implementation of policies that pertain to the general administration of the Council.
- Management and control of assets, transport and general stores.
- Procurement of goods and services for the organisation.
- Acquisition, disposal and auctioning of assets.
- Preparing the committee’s estimates of income and expenditure and recommending them to the Finance Committee.
Composition of Committee
- Six councillors with the chairman having a casting vote.
Frequency of Meetings
- At least once in every quarter or as and when necessary