Social Services Committee
SOCIAL SERVICES COMMITTEE
Reports to Full Council for ratification of its proceedings and is serviced by the Community Services Officer.
Committee shall be responsible for:-
- Establishment health service centres.
- Health services, farm health works, village community workers and outreach Services.
- Primary, secondary and pre- schools and cemeteries.
- Community centres, halls, libraries, parks and sport grounds.
- Establishment of an ambulance service.
- Coordination of activities of Non-Governmental Organisations
- Allocation of stands
- Responsible for creation of sound relations between Council and its communities and stakeholders through civic awareness meetings.
- Effectively plan for, and manage, the district’s townships and growth points by providing affordable residential and business stands, and to provide recreational and other social amenities.
- Prepare the committee’s estimates of income and expenditure and recommend them to the Finance Committee.
Composition of Committee
- Five councillors
- Chairman has a casting vote.
Frequency of Meetings
Once every quarter
- Demonstrate ability to understand human and social needs.
- Demonstrate ability to understand the changing educational and health policies.
- Has vision and prepare to inject new ideas to boost social service provision.
- Demonstrate an ability to work for the marginalized communities.